Thursday, September 24, 2015

Isen Mulang (pt. 1 of 2)

It's been a long time since I've made time to blog.  There are countless factors, mostly just a busy life.  But I've still been taking photos.  Hopefully over the next few weeks I can catch up on a few of the happenings in the last few months.


Every year around May, our city of PalangkaRaya has a large cultural festival called Isen Mulang.  It is comprised of people from all over the surrounding province dressed traditionally in clothes appropriate to their village.


The colors and sights were a lot of fun to witness.  Over the years, I had seen small get together's with this type of dress.  But this year was the first year I actually went to the parade.  I'm usually out flying.

I don't know the significance of any of the clothing and adornments.  However, I do know there were a lot of feathers involved and many beaks from hornbills.










No comments: