Monday, October 05, 2015

From the Logbook...Naan from Above


Several months ago found me needing to land in the village of Tumbang Naan, and our other airplane was already there.  This takes a little coordination because our docks aren't always big enough to accommodate more than one airplane at a time.  Can you see the airplane in the photo above?



As I circled overhead the river, I was looking for many things; debris, river current speed, where I'm going to park, how I'm going to "un-park," and any other obstructions that might pose a hazard to safety.  The river looks wide in thh pictures...trust me, it's not when you are going 60 MPH!


We played musical airplanes and MCB departed the dock and I was moved to the front of the dock, flying MCD.


A few minutes later, MCB was taking off, making a bunch of spray and noise and she gained speed in order to fly.  Float planes are so cool!

No comments: